This job reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. Relocation is not provided and travel is not required.
Position Tasks & Activities:
· Select items from stock according to reservations and move equipment according to computer generated list to staging area.
· Equipment must be ready in advance of loading date. Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading and get all deliveries ready.
· Maintain inventory control of warehouse.
· Assist in duties and activities of the warehouse and observe day-to-day operations and special projects. Assist staff with various problems throughout the day.
· Conveys materials using equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, dollies or other mechanical warehouse equipment.
· Assist with the proper loading of delivery trucks and securing of equipment.
· Assist driver in unloading equipment.
· Restocks equipment and put everything in proper place as it comes off the truck.
· Will deliver equipment when necessary.
· Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment. Be sure customer understands proper usage and safety features of rented equipment. If loading, securely fasten equipment to customer’s vehicle.
· Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
· May, from time to time, perform minor repairs to equipment.
· After cleaning, thoroughly check operation of equipment and look for missing fasteners, parts, etc.
· If items are not working properly or have missing parts, be sure to properly notify maintenance department.
· Maintain an organized shop by returning tools and unused parts to the appropriate storage area.
· Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat – keep all shelves free of dust, keep floor swept, etc.
· Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
· Communicate with supervisor.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
· Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
· Attend department, store and safety meetings.
· Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Assist warehouse and delivery personnel to ensure proper distribution and return of equipment promptly and safely. Works with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will load and unload vehicles/trucks in full or partial loads working with delivery coordinator and delivery personnel.
Will also help maintain inventory. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises, are also involved. Must operate and control loading equipment such as a self-propelled forklift. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with contracts and questions if necessary.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
· Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map.
· Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
· Must possess customer relation skills.
· Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
· Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.