Position Tasks & Activities
· Serves as a customer advocate by improving pickup efficiency and responsiveness to customer issue resolution at the pickup counter. Answer, handle, and resolve customer questions, requests, issues, and complaints.
· Select items from stock according to reservations and move equipment according to computer generated list to staging area.
· Equipment must be ready in advance of loading date. Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading and get all deliveries ready.
· Maintain inventory control of warehouse.
· Communicates with various internal and external resources, responding to requests and issues to ensure a positive pickup experience and improved customer service.
· Supports ongoing enhancement of the customer pickup processes by providing information and updates regarding customer issues and feedback to management team.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers.
· Assist in duties and activities of the warehouse and observe day-to-day operations and special projects. Assist staff with various problems throughout the day.
· Assists with product inventories as directed.
· Operates powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required.
· Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat – keep all shelves free of dust, keep floor swept, etc.
· Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
· Communicate with supervisor.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
· Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
· Attend department, store and safety meetings.
· Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
The ultimate responsibility of the Customer Pickup Coordinator is to deal directly with customers face to face who are coming to our location to pick up product. The position will also organize the operation and workflow of the pickup counter to meet customer timeframes and keep record of customer interactions and transactions. Assist warehouse and delivery personnel to ensure proper distribution and return of equipment promptly and safely. Works with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will load and unload vehicles/trucks in full or partial loads working with delivery coordinator and department managers.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
· Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
· Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
· Must display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
· Must possess customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests.
· Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
· Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
· Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
· Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
· Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: General Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.